Global Ring allows you to receive Japanese equity data in New York, hedge on
oil futures in Singapore, trade the European interest rate curve from Asia or
trade FX 24 hours a day.
global backbone provides the best possible platform for connectivity to market
data and trading venues from around the globe, and complements our
comprehensive global infrastructure footprint. Pico is the only managed service
provider to have made this level of investment in its network globally.
Clients can use a single set of network
infrastructure for multiple functions
- access to market data from around the globe,
- trading either directly with exchanges or send order flow to executing
brokers in other regions
sending data flows between infrastructure hosted
by Pico around the world for risk management, position keeping or proprietary
- Our PicoNet™ backbone is fully resilient using diverse carrier routes. This
maximizes availability and ensures that even in the worst of circumstances
clients can protect themselves from losses by maintaining access to the markets
even when their competitors are locked out.
- We pass on our economies of scale to ensure better pricing for our
customers in comparison to them dealing directly with individual network vendors.
- Our long-standing relationships with the vendors ensure that they
treat any service requests from Pico as a priority, which benefits all of our
customers on our network however large or small.
- We connect between Pico POPs in exchange colocation facilities using
the lowest latency routes available, allowing seamless co-ordination of trading
and risk strategies, increasing the efficiency of capital commitment and
providing our customers with the best platform for global proprietary
- We offer full, uncontended bandwidth for all services to ensure jitter
and latency is minimized and that every packet is delivered to give the most
accurate view of the market and the best possible information for our customers
to drive their trading strategies.
- We manage the capacity on our backbone so that performance is
maintained during even the most volatile market conditions, positioning our
customers to profit when these conditions arise but equally protecting them
from the risk of losses at similar times.
- Our backbone is dedicated to the electronic trading community and has been
designed for the security and performance standards expected by this community.
- Our change management regime is based on the needs of participants in
electronic markets and we operate strict maintenance windows to protect
critical trading access during market hours.
- We constantly review the telco market to ensure we get to access to
the best available telco routes to maintain optimum latency and maximize
- Using Pico for your network connectivity gives
you access to a world-class low latency trading network delivered by a single
vendor, managed and monitored on your behalf and freeing you and your customers
to grow your business through your trading activities.
Pico offers flexible options for
connectivity to PicoNet™ for access to market data and trading services which provide
different capabilities and latency profiles.